Hall of Fame Honorees:
2018 - Judy Grimes
2015 - Barbara Lambrecht
2011 - Paula Crider
2008 - Patricia Garren
2006 - Barbara Lovett
2001 - Marie Cotaya
2000 - Elizabeth Green
1995 - Helen May Butler
1995 - Gladys Stone Wright
Standards for Hall of Fame selection:
1. Consistently produced instrumental music groups of high performance level.
2. Consistently performed programs of high quality.
3. Has made outstanding contributions to the improvement of instrumental music groups through participation and leadership in professional organizations.
4. If living, must be an active member of WOMEN BAND DIRECTORS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
5. Has hosted meetings, festivals, and/or presented workshops, clinics, adjudicated, or guest conducted ensembles in and/or out of home state/province or country to indicate exceptional service.
6. Has written articles for music journals and/or participated in curriculum work.
1. Has actively taught instrumental music a minimum of thirty-five (35) years or attained the age of sixty (60).
2. Has been recognized for outstanding contributions to instrumental music on a state and/or national level or equivalent.
Procedures for nomination for the Hall of Fame:
1. A nomination form and at least three letters of recommendation shall be forwarded to the Hall of Fame Committee by the Winter Meeting the year preceding induction.
2. The Hall of Fame Committee will review the letters and submit its recommendation to the Executive Board for approval at the summer meeting of the Executive Board. Candidates will be notified by October 1st prior to the induction.
3. The induction fee shall be equivalent to the current market value of the framed portrait of the Hall of Fame recipient and a plaque. The sponsor(s) of the recipient shall be responsible for the payment of the induction fee.